Kittitas County Community Events Calendar
Cellphone Data Backup at YVCC
When: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:00pm- 2:00pm
Where: YVCC, Sundquist Hall, Room S183, Yakima Campus
Workshop Cost: Free
Description: Have you been in a situation where your phone crashes? How about having it lost or stolen? What happened to all of your data? Electronics are replaceable, but the memories we can capture with them are priceless. This training will provide you with the knowledge and tools needed to back up the data contained on your cell phone and/or tablet. This session format will be a step-by-step process for backing up your information to a flash drive, an online cloud or your desktop/laptop hard drive. You will also learn how to recover the data once it has been backed up.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
● Understand phone settings
● Identify Software vs Hardware issues
● Identify the software versions that are needed for your device (example: Apple vs. Android)
● Understand the difference between physical backup and cloud backup
● Know what programs are needed to save your information
● Determine where and how you want to store your data (SD card, computer backup, google drive, Skydrive, text or email)
● Use different programs saving your contact information/Gmail account instructions
● Find programs to back up your apps and texts
● Restore all of your backed up data
Minimum Qualifications: Attendees need to bring an iphone/smartphone or ipad/tablet with a compatible usb cord with them. In addition, you will need to have at least one of the following: Google account, Skydrive account, Apple iCloud account, flash drive, Micro SD card with computer adapter, or external hard drive.
Registration: To register please contact 509.574.4796 or email@example.com. Workshops are limited to the 20 participants.